I’ve been on the quiet side for blogging for about a month now. Let’s just say, life has been hectic-ish. From celebrating my birthday and 5th year wedding anniversary to lots of other crazy and exciting things, I’ve had to back away a bit and take a breather. But, as I was sitting there yesterday with a moment to spare, my wheels started turning with the next five things on my happiness list. Let it begin.
16. Life–Life sometimes has a way of surprising me. Well…everyone, really. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad. But you go with the flow nonetheless. Life makes me happy because I have opportunities in front of me. I am living, breathing, and rolling with the punches or riding the waves. Why not be happy about that?!
17. Crying–Yes crying! Because even though it’s sad to cry, there’s ultimately something good that will come out of it or has come before it. Many times we learn lessons from those tears. Other times, we cry tears of joy. Tears of joy…I’ve been doing a lot more of that nowadays.
18. Writing–Pen to paper. Paper to pen. Words to unfold. Unravel. Unwind. All flowing forth. Expression at its finest. Thoughts out in the open. Writing just brings me joy. I write for me. I write to show the reader a mere glimpse into this brain of mine. I write.
19. Dogs–I’ve made that very clear in a previous post, but I’ll reiterate. My dogs. They make me laugh and smile, frustrated and annoyed but when they come cuddle up to me everyday, my heart is full. It’s like having kids. One of them is the “good” child. The momma’s boy. The other…whew. She’s the stubborn, feisty, make you want to pull your hair out, child. But when she comes prancing up with all those little weird noises she makes and tilts her head looking at you like “What??”, it’s all worth it.
19. Weekends–This probably goes for just about everyone. But lately, it’s become a life saver. I’ve been best friends with my couch for the last month and it’s so great. Sure, I’ve been slacking on ALOT of things, but let’s face it, I don’t care! Give me my weekend and leave me be.
There you have it folks. My extending list. The things that make me happy. Feel free to leave your feedback!