And the list continues. Happiness. What is it that brings you happiness? Sure we all have things that put a smile on our face, but when you really sit down to think about a list of things and why, it becomes a little more challenging. At least for me. Why? Because I want to really think about these things. I want to think about why they make me happy. And let’s face it, when you think about the things that make you happy, don’t you get a little happy right then and there? Ok, enough of the use word happy! Let’s get on with it!
11. Sunshine– on days with bright sunny skies and oh so wonderful, crisp, fall weather, what’s not to love? There’s something about sunshine that makes me smile. I can just sit outside for hours soaking it up.
12. Holy Grail Products– sometimes it takes years to find those holy grails, but once you do, you never let them go. What are some of mine you ask?! (My fellow ethnic and biracial beauties know what I’m talking about!)
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo missed with Miss Jessie’s Super Slid Sudsy Shampoo.
- Suave Coconut Conditioner (multi-purposed as a shaving cream as well)
- Castor oil (mix this with some Sweet Almond oil and throw it on my hair and bam!)
- Benefit Erase Paste (this stuff is a miracle for those pesky under eye circles)
- Face Highlighters….you can just give me all of them
13. Steamy Novels (some of them)– some are just plain boring but others are just so suspenseful. I love being captivated by a great storyline. (Yes I’m talking about the Fifty Shades of Grey series here but seriously…it’s really a great story line!). Add to the mix the Crossfire series as well. It wasn’t as good as Fifty and it was way too much drama going on but once invested in the first two, well you just gotta finish, don’t you?!
14. Sunglasses– it’s difficult finding the perfect pair but once you do, it’s bliss. It makes it even better when they are on sale for much cheaper than you thought. (We’re talking originally $40 and snagging them for $13 with tax…yea).
15. People…a select few– I’m quite socialable, but I’m not. (Contradicting, huh?) I associate with many people but only claim a handful. The ones that understand me, that look beyond the surface and try to get to know the real me. My likes and dislikes. My dreams/ goals. The root of what makes me “me.” Those are the ones that make me smile. Those are the genuine connections that become a part of what makes my world go round.
And there you have it folks. The next five on my list. I’d love to hear some of yours. Share in the comments below!